Difference between revisions of "WG5 P02 Agenda 2016-02-01"

From PHUSE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 24: Line 24:
 
:* Working session, git-hub To-do lists
 
:* Working session, git-hub To-do lists
  
* CSS 2016 Objectives
+
<br/>
:* "Central Tendency" package: SAS & R script for ~8 white paper box plots
+
 
:* Establish a framework for developing and publishing Standard Analyses and their implementation
+
== Minutes ==
::*
+
 
 +
'''CSS 2016 Objectives'''
 +
* "Central Tendency" package: SAS & R script for ~8 white paper box plots
 +
* Establish a framework for developing and publishing Standard Analyses and their implementation
  
 
<br/>
 
<br/>
  
== Minutes ==
+
'''Ideas for Small Teams to prep for CSS 2016'''
* Ideas for Small Teams to prep for CSS 2016
+
* Core of WG5 triangle: Specify, Implement, Host <-> Communication
:* Core of WG5 triangle: Specify, Implement, Host <-> Communication
+
:* PhUSE Communication Director, Sacha(?)
::* PhUSE Communication Director, Sacha(?)
+
:* '''Contributors:'''  
::* '''Contributors:'''  
+
* Organizing GitHub / Phusewiki project information: better organization for contributors, users
:* Organizing GitHub / Phusewiki project information: better organization for contributors, users
+
:* '''Phuse.eu''' - main portal for all PhUSE members
::* '''Phuse.eu''' - main portal for all PhUSE members
+
:* Should link people to details they want (as users, contributors, etc)  
::* Should link people to details they want (as users, contributors, etc)  
+
:* Should have phusewiki & github should link back to Phuse.eu, as well
::* Should have phusewiki & github should link back to Phuse.eu, as well
+
:* '''Contributors:'''  
::* '''Contributors:'''  
+
* Increasing participation, awareness
:* Increasing participation, awareness
+
:* Surveys, targeted using past participation, membership (assess awareness, interest, collect feedback)
::* Surveys, targeted using past participation, membership (assess awareness, interest, collect feedback)
+
* GitHub Exercises -- scripted, Use Cases for developers
:* GitHub Exercises -- scripted, Use Cases for developers
+
:* '''Contributors:''' Peter/Jeno/Dante to continue
::* '''Contributors:''' Peter/Jeno/Dante to continue
 
  
 
<br/>
 
<br/>

Latest revision as of 11:05, 1 February 2016


Road to CSS 2016: Meeting 1

  • Mon, Feb. 01, 2016
  • 11:00am EST, 17:00 CET
  • 1 hour

Attendees: Dante, Peter, Frank, Jeno, Rebeka, Jared, Mercy, Terry


Agenda

Progress reports

  • GitHub updates
  • Introduction / orientation to Project 2 in GitHub (READMEs and Wiki)
  • Structure for WPCT package
  • To-do lists in GitHub
  • Plans for CSS 2016 - Working Group 5 (Standard Analyses) and Project 2 (SAS and R Scripts)
  • GitHub workflow scripts
  • Working session, git-hub To-do lists


Minutes

CSS 2016 Objectives

  • "Central Tendency" package: SAS & R script for ~8 white paper box plots
  • Establish a framework for developing and publishing Standard Analyses and their implementation


Ideas for Small Teams to prep for CSS 2016

  • Core of WG5 triangle: Specify, Implement, Host <-> Communication
  • PhUSE Communication Director, Sacha(?)
  • Contributors:
  • Organizing GitHub / Phusewiki project information: better organization for contributors, users
  • Phuse.eu - main portal for all PhUSE members
  • Should link people to details they want (as users, contributors, etc)
  • Should have phusewiki & github should link back to Phuse.eu, as well
  • Contributors:
  • Increasing participation, awareness
  • Surveys, targeted using past participation, membership (assess awareness, interest, collect feedback)
  • GitHub Exercises -- scripted, Use Cases for developers
  • Contributors: Peter/Jeno/Dante to continue