WG5 P02 Agenda 2015-05-05
- Tues May 5th, 2015
- 11:00am EST
- 1 hour
- "package" around Central Tendencies White Paper as goal for 2015
- motivation for "package" approach vs. code share
- regular structure for team meetings (sprint focus)
- 1 hr, 3-weekly to allow self-forming sub-team meetings in between
- Tues vs. Wed? Team preference?
- quick "stand-up" round
- 30 min next sprint
- remained time for wrap-up & AOB
- sub-teams for around particular "sprints"
- => Comments? OK to proceed like this? Other ideas?
- GitHub project for PhUSE/CSS Central Tendencies white paper package
- GitHub basics (link to GIT e-book)
- Link to P03: Repository team P03 to establish workflow
- Link to P03: Any repository changes that we suggest
- Recommendation: Transparent sharing of test data
- Trello as backlog management & progress tracking (Trello.com tutorial)
- process for documenting, executing and communicating activities
- Modified Qualification Process (link to new wiki page)
- i.e., "Package" approach based on File:Qualification of CSS scripts.xlsx
- R - we need a champion
- SAS - outline of approach
- Sprint 1
- Figure 7.1 as example of picking up tasks (Trello example)
- Figure 7.2 as example of brand-new template (Trello example)
- Test data (link to Scriptathon data)
- Qualifying work completed so far
- template program
- refine qualification & documentation process
- create separate checklists for template vs. utility code
- Also in scope for WPCT release package ... ?
- changes to P03 Repository interface?
- awareness materials: slides, videos, ... ?
- crowd-sourcing programming approaches, e.g., via phuse forum ...?
Attendees: Peter & Dante, Anders V, Gustav B, Jeno P, Mercy N, Rebeka T, Peter G, Shubha M, Suzie P, Yingshan Y
Topics covered from today's agenda:
- Overview of 2015 WPCT package.
- Team discussed the package proposal, Peter S offered some motivation of this approach:
- Clinical development industry has been reluctant to share and re-use shared code, more so that other sectors
- We aim to remove/reduce barrier
- Delivering a focused package based on the Central Tendencies package is a good starting point
- Tues, 5pm CET is OK.
- Wed, 4pm CET is also OK (post-TC note: will conflict with 4-weekly Standard Scripts co-leads meetings)
- Action Dante to set up invitations for 3-weekly global TCs starting Tues, May 26
- Peter S introduced TRELLO as our backlog manager, sprint planner
- Team were receptive, we'll give it a try
- Peter briefly introduced the Qualification Process drafted on WG5 Project 02 page
- All team members get familiar with project infrastructure and processes
- Review GitHub structure, and Git e-book linked in agenda, above
- Qualification Process drafted on WG5 Project 02 page
- Peter S to work with Yingshan & Jeno & Gustav & Mercy to
- assess the Qualification Process for our purposes
- update for feasibility and appropriateness
Topics not covered, proposal for next 3 weeks
- Review of programming approach
- based on SAS programming guidelines, template + utility approach for 1st WPCT display, Figure 7.1