WG5 Box plot challenge
UPDATE: Jan. 2016
The WG5 Box Plot Challenge is complete. We are moving forward with the R and SAS approaches that you can find in our GitHub repository.
Thank you for your interest! Please join us in GitHub to move this project forward!
- The CSS/PhUSE Working Group for Standard Analyses have published a white paper on data displays for Measures on Central Tendency.
- The Working Group's next step is to develop standard SAS and R scripts to deliver the data displays that the white paper specifies.
- The Measures of Central Tendency white paper relies mainly on box plots.
Box Plot Challenge
You can help the working group develop standard industry scripts:
- Submit your SAS or R box plot code to produce Figure 7.1 from the Measures of Central Tendency white paper, and
- help the working group volunteers to optimize the programming techniques that we use to establish these across-industry scripts.
- Draft specifications for Figure 7.1 are available in github.
- See below for a starting point in SAS and R.
Starting point - SAS
- SAS Box plot example script
- SAS Box plot example output
- If you cannot directly access the github XPORT files from your environment, then you will need to store them locally and then modify the code accordingly.
- Your SAS Challenge
- The current sample script uses a SAS/QC PROC SHEWHART technique to achieve an appealing result.
- Can you achieve a box plot like the white paper proposes, using a more common yet straightforward SAS 9 approach such as SGPLOT or GTL?
Starting point - R
- R Box plot example script
- R Box plot example output
- If you cannot directly access the github XPORT files from you environment, then you will need to store them locally and then modify the code accordingly.
- Your R Challenge