SS P03 27APR2015
- Mike C
- Adrienne B
- Austin T
- Chris B
- Gustav B
- Hanming T
- Jeno P
- Peter S
- Rebeka T
- Frank S
- Grace L
- Dirk S
- Chris and Mike to outline a folder structure – visually – for group review.
- Chris will look at editing Wiki page in Github which we present to “external users” (will bring in Hanming as needed)
- Chris and Mike to meet and create a list for delegating at May 18 2015 meeting – with suggested priorities and time commitments.
- Mike to ask PhUSE to redirect:
Structure that is agreeable to everyone. What scripts go where. Peter: validation, scripts and documentation. Different stuff for R and SAS?
Frank: It’s “qualification”, not “validation”.
Suggestion: visual of directory.
Mockup of what a tree looks like. Keep a lot of what was in Google code. May need to add folders to support the qualification effort.
Mike: too hard to author on phone jointly, but can jointly edit/review on phone.
First problem to solve: layout the folder structure – where contributors can place code, where Dante/Peter can put qualification content/files – and where new users can access.
Test dataset – from NIH or other sources.
Examples of access xpt files stored on repository – both R and SAS. So clear examples etc. of how to access.
Test datasets – not hidden in qualification content – someone might want to use a test dataset.
Data area at root level – and example code which shows to use that data.
If we find good test data, version for testing programs.
Mike: when considering folder structure:
RGI users – need to know certain things – whole repository RCD users – need to where put qualification documents and all that External users – need to know where to download code Contributor users – where to deposit and/or test code
Prioritize the list? Time commitment? If we can do those two things, get better volunteers.
Next meeting: May 18 2015
- Structure (helpful for qualification, RCD WG)
- Place for Data (including code to read data) (Jeno)
- External viewer presentation (for universe of people who want to download code) (outward view to the world)
- Ways to communicate/advertise the repository (is it ready for prime-time?) (draft?)
- Sharing with PhUSE members in monthly mailshot (“what’s new in the repository this month?”)
- SDE Event distribution: a one-slide update (in EU, US, ROW) (Adie B, Chris H, Ajay)
- PhUSE GPP documents – we should use this