SS P03 26SEP2013
-- reviewed Chris Decker's response to the meeting proposal
- Dirk will ask Chris status on the proposal at PhUSE board meeting
- if we fail to get SAS support, we could make it an SDE and then ask SAS for sponsorship/license
Script-Athon Proposal Open Items
- SAS in the cloud
-- Mike - no luck in getting response from SAS (SDD environment?)
-- Dirk - no luck in getting response from SAS (SAS Web Editor environment?)
SAS can sponsor?
- Day/Time of event
keep on monday night as in the proposal, or move it to Wednesday SDE? Wait for PhUSE direction.
- Input: CDISC ADam Pilot SAS xpt dataset sources
Nancy - not published yet by CDISC. Nancy has mailed Wayne K on this topic. Again, when it does open in CDISC, we can copy over to the repository.
- Output: Target mock table shells
Wei has joined the discussion, as she has worked a lot on the White Paper around measures of central tendencies.
Graph images in the white paper were developed by Wei (and others at Lilly) ... a couple of those images were copied out from the white paper draft by mike and pasted into a new Wiki page: Scriptathon2014 targets
Nancy: organize this ahead of time. Don't spend on time at the begnning deciding who is going to do what. Dirk: when you sign up for the codeathon, you can get hooked into what will be done. Work: hooking up particpants with targets, and sources
In Wiki, design mapping document (spec) framework - which associates input and output - variables and content - image - Text description - Figure number identifier in white paper/fda guidance - Detail text identifier from white paper/other source - source dataset and source variables - person
--- Nancy will try one example/frame
-- John - using an example of SAE listing of ADaM data Start with simple tables, then branch out from there
- Wei - FDA table from guidance - different opinion on a shell; some would challenge this presentation.
Sources: FDA/PhUSE White Papers, CTSpedia content, FDA Safety Guidance documents
New topic but didn't get to it
What framework/modularization for scripts in Script-Athon? One suggested strategy: build scripts in clear blocks, with sections for:
- - reading in source dataset
- - manipulating data
- - summarize data
- - getting summary into a dataset
- - printing the summary dataset (or exporting in Excel, etc.)
- - Use Good Programming Practice content?