SS 17Mar2014Phuse

From PHUSE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Meeting Record


When: 09:00 am - 10:00 am, 17~18 Mar 2014
Place: Teleconference
Facilitator: Hanming Tu
Scribe: Adie Bonwick
Attendance: Hanming, Mat, Mary, Mike, Steve, Dirk, etc.
Excused:

Agenda
  • Day One (Mon 3/17): 1:00 pm ~ 2:30 pm
    • General introduction: Mat Soukup
    • Project Update/Status from Project Leads
      • Present by each project lead or someone on behalf of the project lead (Mary and/or Hanming).
    • Intro to Google Code repository: Hanming Tu
    • Intro to Script-athon: Mike 'Carniello
    • How to use Agileword tool: Dirk Spruck
  • Day One (Mon 3/17): 3:00 pm ~ 4:30 pm (Breakout)
    • Platform group:
      • Final Script-athon preparation - Mike
      • FDA scripts - Mat
      • CTSpedia content (borrow/link) - group discussion
    • Whitepaper group:
      • Consider additional white papers: 6 whitepapers
      • Review process
      • Whitepaper discussion
  • Day Two (Tue 3/18): 8:30 am ~ 10:00 am (Breakout)
    • Platform group:
      • Summary of the script-athon: lessons learned, process and plan
      • Google Code- changes in approach
      • Code templates - Jean-Marc
      • Next steps for refining Script-athon content
    • Whitepaper group:
      • Consider additional white papers
      • Review each whitepaper
      • Whitepaper discussion topics
  • Day Two (Tue 3/18): 10:30 am ~ Noon (Together)
    • Feedback / brainstorming
    • Targets and scripts: volunteering and tracking
    • 11:30~noon: Prepare 10~15 minutes slides for reporting back to the conference


Discussions

Discussion at Scriptathon standard scripts breakout group
  • Day 1
    • Analysis Results Meta data
      • Anno shells XML vs Excel
      • ADaM team analysis results metadata
      • Specifications are machine readable
    • Location of FDA scripts: Added to Phuse.code wiki as __contributed > demographics_20140317.zip
    • Script-a-thon prep
    • Discussion points
      • Verification / Validation
      • Why use these scripts within a company?
      • Traceability
      • Government download code from repository
      • FDA vehicle to “publish” code
      • Have an introduction and general assumptions for each work group. Action: Mike, Dirk, Hamming, Adie.
      • Package release to be available for the scripts. “Package owner” required for each package who manages the release vs the white paper.
      • Governance required.
      • Separate validation package required, can release a test package too.
      • Repository has a root level

Trunk • __lang • __scriptathon2014 • __contributed > demographics_20140317.zip

  • Day 2
    • Decide
      • New script folder structure
      • Naming convention for new scripts
      • Metadata items
      • Propose tying together white paper with the code
        • In wiki
        • User instructions
    • Idea
      • Put named scripts somewhere
        • Decision - Use white paper naming
        • Have a separate utility section that may be applicable across scripts
        • Discussion around type / CSR numbering / type
        • Example: pk_dual_box.sas
      • Build script index using metadata tags
    • YAML
      • This is more user friendly than xml, human and machine readable.
      • Separate file; abc.sas has matching abc_sas.yml
      • Hanming will write program to build up the index/searchable files. This page will be in the wiki.
      • Research online form for creating tags/search terms/index. Action: Jean-Marc to investigate a paid effort for search.
      • Need to define what tags we need, has to reflect the contents. Hanmming has the contents of the yml standard. Action: Hanming to organise a subgroup to define the metadata/tags
    • Outstanding outputs:
      • Mike has assigned the remaining outputs.
      • AB to write a user guide for target 13 & Kim to write one for hers; JM to review.
      • Mike to organise TCs with focused topics.
    • Things to do:
      • Metadata
      • Get the FDA scripts to work
      • Revisit 8 groups from last year, will need new leaders.
      • Consider further events, locally gathered.
    • Groups going forward:
      • P01 – reduce to FDA scripts – Adie (Aiyu Li to help)
      • P02 – Qualification scripts – Lina & Dante
      • P03 – maintain and enhance platform – Mike/Hanming - remain as is
      • P04 – legal ownership - need summary then close
      • P05 – create templates and metadata – Jean-Marc & Eric
      • P06 – refine process for creating and modifying scripts – close remaining scripts to P03
      • P07 – Implement and further develop communication plan - Dirk
      • P08 – create white papers - Mary
    • Core lead meeting bi-weekly; Group meeting bi-weekly.

Last revision by Jmbodart,10/13/2015