How do I edit a page?
You can edit any page by clicking edit this page at the top - do this if you think it could do with more information, or if there's an error in the page. You can also see how the wiki features work by editing existing pages - just make sure you don't save without meaning to!
How can I create a page?
There are multiple ways to create new pages from scratch. The easiest way is to use the input box on the main page. Type in the name of your page "your new page name" and the new page will be created.
In addition to the main page there are input boxes in other places which allow you to easily create a new page.
You can also create a page from scratch, simply by entering the name of the new page in the search-box on left, which results in a page with the text There is no page titled "your new page name". Select your new page name and the new page will be created.
To link to a page within the PhUSE Wiki (even if it doesn't exist yet), write it like this: article name. It is case-sensitive except for the first letter.
You can link with different text like this: text to display
To link to a page on another site, write it like this: Description. Note:
- Only one pair of brackets, not two.
- Space between URL and description, not | character
To display different text for a PhUSE Wiki link, write this: description.
How can I format text?
Either use the tool box of the editor or you can do the following:
- Italics can be done with two single quotes, like this
- bold with three, like this
- Numbered lists can be created by putting one or more # at the start of each line, with no spaces before
- Unnumbered lists, like this one, have one or more * at the start of each line
- To indent text, place one or more : at the start of each line
- A space at the start of each line will stop the text from wrapping - you can also use the
- You can make headers like this: == Header text == - add a = mark on each side for increasing depth of headers