Difference between revisions of "Emerging Technologies Working Group Meetings"

From PHUSE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Meeting Minutes)
m (Updated formatting)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
{{RightTOC}}
 +
 
=Meeting Agendas=
 
=Meeting Agendas=
  
'''June 5, 2013'''
+
==June 5, 2013==
  
 
1. Project Updates
 
1. Project Updates
Line 12: Line 14:
  
  
'''April 26, 2013'''
+
==April 26, 2013==
  
 
1. Project Updates
 
1. Project Updates
Line 22: Line 24:
 
=Meeting Minutes=
 
=Meeting Minutes=
  
'''July10, 2013, 10 am - 11 am ET'''<br />
+
===July10, 2013, 10 am - 11 am ET===
'''Attendees:'''Frederick Malfait,
+
===Attendees:===
 +
Frederick Malfait,
 
Matteo Di Tommaso,  
 
Matteo Di Tommaso,  
 
Crystal Allard,  
 
Crystal Allard,  
Line 29: Line 32:
 
Steve Wilson
 
Steve Wilson
  
'''Action Items:'''
+
====Action Items:====
 
*Crystal - FDA participant for Metadata Implementation Team<br />
 
*Crystal - FDA participant for Metadata Implementation Team<br />
 
*Crystal - Follow up with Janet Gentry and Luke Dunlap regarding possible participation in the Cloud PhUSE group<br />
 
*Crystal - Follow up with Janet Gentry and Luke Dunlap regarding possible participation in the Cloud PhUSE group<br />
Line 36: Line 39:
  
  
'''The Cloud -'''
+
====The Cloud -====
 
*Possible Lead identified (from Metadata)
 
*Possible Lead identified (from Metadata)
 
*Matteo will continue to help find volunteers from PRISME and other sources, then hand leadership over to new co-lead(s)
 
*Matteo will continue to help find volunteers from PRISME and other sources, then hand leadership over to new co-lead(s)
Line 43: Line 46:
 
*Crystal discussing with Dr. Taha Kass-Hout's (FDA CHIO) group to identify possible participant(s)
 
*Crystal discussing with Dr. Taha Kass-Hout's (FDA CHIO) group to identify possible participant(s)
  
'''Semantic Tech'''
+
====Semantic Tech====
 
*3 subteams (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM) have first working drafts
 
*3 subteams (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM) have first working drafts
 
*Working to set a date to finish the work near end of month,
 
*Working to set a date to finish the work near end of month,
Line 58: Line 61:
 
*NCI published CDISC controlled terminology in RDF, used schema used in CDISC-to-RDF initiative which is part of the work being done in this PhUSE project
 
*NCI published CDISC controlled terminology in RDF, used schema used in CDISC-to-RDF initiative which is part of the work being done in this PhUSE project
  
'''Metadata Management''' - Terek
+
====Metadata Management====
 +
- Terek
 
*need FDA co-lead
 
*need FDA co-lead
 
*working to identify industry co-lead also
 
*working to identify industry co-lead also
 
*Terek will send a blurb with a link requesting an industry co-lead to Chris Decker and Crystal Allard to add the PhUSE monthly mailing
 
*Terek will send a blurb with a link requesting an industry co-lead to Chris Decker and Crystal Allard to add the PhUSE monthly mailing
  
'''Metadata Definitions''' - Isabelle
+
====Metadata Definitions====
 +
- Isabelle
 
*Work divided in 5 subtopic. We are almost at the end of metadata and gathered already input for part of the other topics
 
*Work divided in 5 subtopic. We are almost at the end of metadata and gathered already input for part of the other topics
 
1. Metadata
 
1. Metadata
Line 75: Line 80:
  
  
'''June 5, 2013, 9 am - 10 am ET'''<br />
+
===June 5, 2013, 9 am - 10 am ET===
'''Attendees:'''Frederick Malfait,
+
====Attendees:====
 +
Frederick Malfait,
 
Isabelle DeZegher,
 
Isabelle DeZegher,
 
Steve Wilson,
 
Steve Wilson,
Line 82: Line 88:
 
Matteo Di Tommaso,
 
Matteo Di Tommaso,
  
'''Action Items:'''
+
====Action Items:====
 
*Crystal - Follow up with Scott B regarding whether the CDISC to RDF subteams need FDA participation<br />
 
*Crystal - Follow up with Scott B regarding whether the CDISC to RDF subteams need FDA participation<br />
 
*Crystal - FDA participant for Metadata Implementation Team<br />
 
*Crystal - FDA participant for Metadata Implementation Team<br />
Line 89: Line 95:
 
*Crystal - Follow up with Janet Gentry and Luke Dunlap regarding possible participation in the Cloud PhUSE group<br />
 
*Crystal - Follow up with Janet Gentry and Luke Dunlap regarding possible participation in the Cloud PhUSE group<br />
  
'''Semantic Technologies Group'''
+
====Semantic Technologies Group====
 
*Team was meeting weekly, is now meeting bi-weekly<br />
 
*Team was meeting weekly, is now meeting bi-weekly<br />
 
*approximately 40 people participating<br />
 
*approximately 40 people participating<br />
Line 98: Line 104:
 
*CDISC may agree on process for publishing and public review of CDISC to RDF representations<br />
 
*CDISC may agree on process for publishing and public review of CDISC to RDF representations<br />
  
'''Metadata Definitions'''
+
====Metadata Definitions====
 
*Team has met twice since March meeting<br />
 
*Team has met twice since March meeting<br />
 
*Team has approximately 12 people participating
 
*Team has approximately 12 people participating
  
'''Metadata Implementation'''
+
====Metadata Implementation====
 
*Barry Cohen has been replaced as a co-lead by Terek Peterson<br />
 
*Barry Cohen has been replaced as a co-lead by Terek Peterson<br />
 
*An FDA participant is still needed
 
*An FDA participant is still needed
  
'''The Cloud'''
+
====The Cloud====
 
*Approximately 20 people interested in participating<br />
 
*Approximately 20 people interested in participating<br />
 
*Some folks would like a 'map' deliverable while some folks believe this will add more complexity<br />
 
*Some folks would like a 'map' deliverable while some folks believe this will add more complexity<br />
 
*Team needs leaders with clear preference for a deliverable<br />
 
*Team needs leaders with clear preference for a deliverable<br />

Revision as of 13:08, 15 July 2013


Meeting Agendas

June 5, 2013

1. Project Updates

2. Steering Committee Items:

3. Quarterly Status Update Due by June 13, 2013



April 26, 2013

1. Project Updates

2. PhUSE Steering Committee Items

a. PharmaSug Presentation(s)?

Meeting Minutes

July10, 2013, 10 am - 11 am ET

Attendees:

Frederick Malfait, Matteo Di Tommaso, Crystal Allard, Terek Peterson, Steve Wilson

Action Items:

  • Crystal - FDA participant for Metadata Implementation Team
  • Crystal - Follow up with Janet Gentry and Luke Dunlap regarding possible participation in the Cloud PhUSE group
  • Steve - continue discussion with Leonard Sachs' eTeam about workign wtih "the Cloud" PhUSE group
  • Terek will send a blurb with a link requesting an industry co-lead to Chris Decker and Crystal Allard to add the PhUSE monthly mailing


The Cloud -

  • Possible Lead identified (from Metadata)
  • Matteo will continue to help find volunteers from PRISME and other sources, then hand leadership over to new co-lead(s)
  • Still need FDA participation identified.
  • Steve has discussed with Leaonard Sachs working with The Cloud goup. Leonard is working to understand the amount of work involved.
  • Crystal discussing with Dr. Taha Kass-Hout's (FDA CHIO) group to identify possible participant(s)

Semantic Tech

  • 3 subteams (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM) have first working drafts
  • Working to set a date to finish the work near end of month,
  • Then take 2-ish weeks to consolidate the model. Perhaps put the common elemenets near the top.
  • Draft of three models finished by mid august.
  • Scott B working on a SEND model
  • CDISC is ready to consider taking ownership of the models.
  • SDTM IG assumptions will be incorporated into the model in the future.
  • Also, training sessions and Ontology editors are made available to team members
  • May start addressing new use cases mid August - could include conformance checks for SDTM and ADaM into RDF models.
  • Frederik also involved in CDISC share team - may potentially include RDF models produced with PhUSE collaborations
  • NCI published CDISC controlled terminology in RDF, used schema used in CDISC-to-RDF initiative which is part of the work being done in this PhUSE project

Metadata Management

- Terek
  • need FDA co-lead
  • working to identify industry co-lead also
  • Terek will send a blurb with a link requesting an industry co-lead to Chris Decker and Crystal Allard to add the PhUSE monthly mailing

Metadata Definitions

- Isabelle

  • Work divided in 5 subtopic. We are almost at the end of metadata and gathered already input for part of the other topics

1. Metadata 2. Master data 3. Controlled terminology 4. Interoperability 5. Data aggregation, pooling, integration

  • Making progress – though takes more time than expected due to different understanding across the team and need to reach consensus; it is worth however to take the time on building that consensus
  • Advanced enough for the “implementation” team to start – several questions came in the definition project should be addressed in the implementation project


June 5, 2013, 9 am - 10 am ET

Attendees:

Frederick Malfait, Isabelle DeZegher, Steve Wilson, Lilliam Rosario Matteo Di Tommaso,

Action Items:

  • Crystal - Follow up with Scott B regarding whether the CDISC to RDF subteams need FDA participation
  • Crystal - FDA participant for Metadata Implementation Team
  • Matteo - write a request for co-leads and ask for a leader with a strong preference for a deliverable. Will update charter and send it with accompanying language to Chris Decker before June for inclusion in the July PhUSE newsletter
  • Crystal - Share Scientific Computing Board's white paper on "the Cloud'
  • Crystal - Follow up with Janet Gentry and Luke Dunlap regarding possible participation in the Cloud PhUSE group

Semantic Technologies Group

  • Team was meeting weekly, is now meeting bi-weekly
  • approximately 40 people participating
  • 1st Use Case: CDISC in RDF
  • 5 subteams working to scope, stratify, create log files, and create RDF representations
  • plan to finish in 8-10 weeks
  • Landon Bain is CDISC liaison to Semantic Tech group
  • CDISC may agree on process for publishing and public review of CDISC to RDF representations

Metadata Definitions

  • Team has met twice since March meeting
  • Team has approximately 12 people participating

Metadata Implementation

  • Barry Cohen has been replaced as a co-lead by Terek Peterson
  • An FDA participant is still needed

The Cloud

  • Approximately 20 people interested in participating
  • Some folks would like a 'map' deliverable while some folks believe this will add more complexity
  • Team needs leaders with clear preference for a deliverable