Aug 31, 2017 Meeting Notes
From PHUSE Wiki
Aug 31, 2017
|Present||First Name||Last Name||Affiliation|
|Peter||Scaefer||Validated Cloud Applications|
Notes from Today:
- Stephen is trying again to get permission to share. He is working on a script to anonymize data. Over the next few months he hops to adapt the BW script for use with other SEND data such as PC, LB, or the future IS domain.
- Kevin started preparing a box-plot of data. Maybe it will be ready for our next meeting
- Hanming is preparing an improved index to the phuse github repository which he is building as an R-Shiny app. This will enable the index to be updated automatically when the script authors supply the appropriate metada with their contribution. In the process he is becoming familiar with roxygen2, a tool to help create R packages.
- Bill mentioned that he contacted Gábor Csárdi <email@example.com>, the maintainer of parsedate, with our ISO 8601 duration function. Gábor's response was enthusiastic, but to contribute we need to create documentation with roxygen2 and tests using testthat and a more readable regular expression using named and non-capturing groups.
- Bob Friedman volunteered to gain familiarity with roxygen2 and testthat and share what he learns.
- Kevin also demonstrated the user interface he is building for a network diagram of correlated MI findings using Rgraphviz package from bioconductor (https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/Rgraphviz.html). He is building this for the Histopath visualization group in PhUSE and intends to place this in github. He built it because he often finds when looking at an incidence table if the 4 out of 10 animals with one finding are the same 4 animals with a different finding.