Wiki Working Group
From PhUSE Wiki
Add your questions here. Hopefully as we find answers we can add them here too.
- How do I create a template?
- Creating Templates: I found a guide how to create templates and recall them http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:A_quick_guide_to_templates#Creating.2C_editing_and_using_templates I think what we want is the subst:template functionality.
- How do I upload an image?
- 1.Upload the file by using the toolbox
- 2.Go to the page where you want to include the image and name it Example.jpg
- 3.Push the Embedded file button or type [[File:Example.jpg]]
- 4.save the page
- How do we control who can upload images?
- Security/Moderation, how do we do this?
- How do we organize content?
- Do we need spam blockers?
- How do we implement one?
- Do we want to add groups and subgroups as in the current PhUSE Wiki?
- How do we transfer the content from the current Wiki to the new Wiki?
- Which templates do we need?
- EU conference paper (Template:Paper Template)
- EU conference discussion club?
- US conference work groups? We should follow the templates from hl7 http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Orders_%26_Observations_WG
- Navigation - lock down pages before. Prevent orphans.
- How to recommend to name pages? When typos etc.
- People should be signed in to post to the wiki. Currently anyone, not even just logged in users, can edit pages.
- How can we easily create new pages?
- We should install the extension InputBox (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Inputbox). This allows to put a box on the MainPage to create a new article.
- How do you add a page to the watchlist? (added by Adie...hopefully anyway!). and in adding that question I found it....so I'll amend my question...how does someone without edit access watch a page...or does everyone have edit access?
- Turn signatures on by default.
- Left hand navigation should be updated. Major headers to link in. Mark to investigate. - Done!
Sidebar content can by seen if you follow MediaWiki:Sidebar but page is protected- Thanks Dan!
- Homepage should be updated - Done!
- Use FlaggedRevs - Dan to install. Installed!
- Improve SAS code display. Java Script? VSI Thinking might have some code to share.
- How to create a table (rows and columns) in mediawiki - Sascha to test
- Clean up and put together wiki for launch
- Set up standard side bar - now we know how to edit this
December 15, 2011
- What is the explicit thing that this wiki is trying to do?
- What should we put on the sidebar?
- Getting Started Section
- Philosophy of what we are trying to do - What is this place?
- Conference and Sections
- Add Link to Categories
- Link to PhUSE activities
- FDA Working Groups (need a main page for the working groups)
- PhUSE Conferences
- Possibility of Write Protected code?
- Contrary to wiki philosophy. Can protect pages.
- Possibly something that we can add later when we have more administrators.
- Give Authors guidance on how to create categories
- Admins should manage categories?
- Training for section chairs after March
- PDF Capability
- Namespaces? What is it?
- Sascha to draft use case for section chairs, responsibilities
- Dan - Write what explicitly the wiki will do. Put on sidebar. Done! Phusewiki 11:11, 16 December 2011 (CST)
- Sascha to think about categories for Budapest conference
- All Look at category definitions Category Hierarchy Draft
- Sascha add Search to Homepage Done! Phusewiki 11:11, 16 December 2011 (CST)
- Dan Add word pharma, healthcare Done! Phusewiki 11:11, 16 December 2011 (CST)
- All look at UseCases
- Dan - Make Mark Administrator Done! Phusewiki 11:11, 16 December 2011 (CST)
Jan 5, 2012
- Examples would help - what do we want people to contribute. All to think about categories to start off with. What sort of things can anyone contribute?
- Heidi, Nancy, Kevin, Anja, Ian, Sascha Category Hierarchy Draft
- Need editorial heads to drive content forward.
- Washington Conference
- Chris to flush out one working group Non-Clinical Road-map and Impacts on Implementation
- 6 months we should rethink monitoring
- DB Create the working group pages based on Non-Clinical page
- Mark to write a detailed, with screenshots, explanation of how to add pages.
- Nancy, Richard to add instructions to non-clinical page. Non-Clinical Road-map and Impacts on Implementation
- We should develop 1 hour training session.
- Look into this later (Feb)
- Mark - Look into Legal pages.
- How to rename a page
- Move it
- How to highlight?
- You can't. Bold or italic. No bolding or italicizing in syntax.
- Review Instructions
- Go Live process