SS 06Dec2017

From PhUSE Wiki
Revision as of 10:00, 6 December 2017 by Htu (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Meeting Record == <br><b>When</b>: 10:00 am - 11:00 am, 06Dec2017 <br><b>Place</b>: Teleconference <br><b>Facilitator</b>: Hanming Tu <br><b>Scribe</b>: Hanming Tu <br><b>A...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Record


When: 10:00 am - 11:00 am, 06Dec2017
Place: Teleconference
Facilitator: Hanming Tu
Scribe: Hanming Tu
Attendance: Mat, Jared, Wendy, Mary, Gustav, Hal, Hanming
Excused: Peter

Agenda
  • Project Update for PhUSE SC
    • Need for the update page
  • New project proposal
  • PhUSE US Annual Conference 6/3~6/2018
    • Abstract submission is open; deadline 12/1/2017
  • CDISC InterChange
    • Abstract submission is open; The deadline for submission of abstracts is 12 January 2018
  • PhUSE/CSS conference 4~6 March, 2018
 This session will explore the repository in the GitHub environment, looking at the targets (TFL) defined 
 in the whitepapers, the scripts developed for the targets, the guidelines for qualifying scripts, the steps 
 for contributing scripts and a new way of accessing, sharing and executing scripts with script 
 metadata using R phuse package.
  • PhUSE - ASA collaboration
SC committee update
last meeting was cancelled, so no update.
  • SC maintains project updates - Send updates to Hanming and Mary and we'll update the document
    • Mary and Hanming will collect updates and then send the update to Wendy to update the document.
    • Mary and Hanming will aggregate the updates and create a summary for Wendy - the shorter the better!
    • Wendy to send June update to all the project co-leads so that project co-leads can provide proper updates
      • Just one or two bullet points from each project
  • Version control in general is being discussed within the SC - We'll update the group when finalized
  • PhUSE - ASA collaboration meeting: next meeting is on Friday
  • PhUSE EU Annual Conference 2017
    • CSS WG discussion club: Hanming ~ 10 minutes to give an update on Monday (10/9) 11:00~12:30
    • Action item:
      • Hanming to draft and send a message about PhUSE conference to listbox wg list
  • PhUSE US Annual Conference 2018
    • Jared to track the key dates and disseminate the information to the group
  • PhUSE - ASA collaboration
    • Short-term: consider future white-papers to be co-developed with ASA
    • Long-term: not clear and may collaborate with broader organizations such as DIA
      • Do we need to consider github co-owned by different groups?
      • Coordinate with code and script development from different groups
Crowd-sourcing an interactive Safety Review Tool
  • Next step - Mat, Steve, Mary will meet to think about next steps, some momentum for R Shiny
  • It is overlapped with Data Visualization project team and we will keep tacking how DV progress on this.
Document Versioning
  • It may be discussed in the CSS discussion club.
  • We just need to tack on this and will participate in using the tools selected
Project Update
  • P01 - SDA: Script discovery and acquisition (Rebeka M Revis; Alfredo Rojas)
    • Version 1.1 FDA contributed white paper has been finalized and uploaded to the Deliverable Catalog, we'll update links once we know the exact format of the document name
    • Need to remind JumpStart reps that they were going to tell us which scripts are used more than others; we got back from the rep: they are equal.
    • Lina will provide an update in PhUSE EU annual conference 2017
    • No update this time
    • Wendy - Reach out to Rebeka and Alfredo to get update (WD reached out to Alfredo, awaiting reply)
  • P02 - RCD: Repository content and delivery (Gustav Bernard; Andrew Miskell; FDA Liaison: Mat Soukup)
    • Focusing on outliers/shifts white paper: move a little slower during summer and will pick up speed
    • Formed one team to work on scripts:
    • Formed an R team (currently have 4): a repository was created and finished 1st three functions.
    • Slow but make progress on graph and input data: 3 R scripts uploaded in github; could not install through install.package; individual script can be downloaded through github.
    • Status: CT 7 of 7 finished; 3 of 7 R script finished; SAS started 1 of 5 outlier shift scripts
  • P03 - RGI: Repository governance and infrastructure: (Mike Carniello and Hanming Tu)
    • Focused on getting the test server: the server is created and has been used by Tim W.'s team.
    • Cross-industry R group has nice front-end to get ideas from
    • Hanming provided update on the paper and demonstrated the phuse R package
  • P07 - CPE: Communication, Promotion and Education (Jared Slain and Wendy Dobson)
    • Updated the wiki pages and added posters and events
    • Create an educational series on analytical and statistical methods from the white papers
    • Create a forum or chat for communicating
    • The video from Lilly got approved internally and Wendy/Jared will look into to post it
    • PhUSE US annual conference open for abstract
      • Gustav/Hanming will be going but will chair one of the streams
      • Jared will go and will work with someone for a poster abstract
      • Mary will prepare poster abstract for whitepaper (Hal will ask internally; Mary will ask in the team)
      • Gustav and Hanming will prepare a presentation/poster abstract on R scripts
    • Jared/Wendy to update the list of up-coming conferences under the P07 project(Wendy has updated CPE page and added Brenda Crowe video to CPE project, Deliverables and distributed via Social Media)
  • P08 - ADW: Analysis and Display White papers (Mary Nilsson)
    • Have a big goal on Q3 and Q4
    • Working on asking MedDRA MSSO to take back creating gender- and pediatric-specifics lists
    • Making progress on the AE; DM and the deposition are on target.
  • P09 - TDF: Test Data Factory (Peter Schaefer)
    • Almost finished with updating SDTM pilot data - target is the end of July
    • Perhaps someone from the R group can help work on some issues with generated xpt files
    • Github has a size limit - running into data that is bigger than the limit
    • We need to talk about the "dirty data" in the future meeting; we may not clean the CDISC data but we need to be able to simulate the "dirty data" so that we could demo the tools to identify the "dirty data"
    • The updated datasets are uploaded into github.
Action items