SS 05Aug2015

From PhUSE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Record

When: 10:00 am - 11:00 am, 05Aug2015
Place: Teleconference
Facilitator: Hanming Tu
Scribe: Hanming Tu
Attendance: Mary, Steve, Dirk, Hanming,
Excused: Dante, Mat, Mike, Peter, Chris

  1. Steering committee - Mary
  2. Review action items
  3. Plan for All-hands meeting
  4. Project Update
  5. Special events
    1. PhUSE Annual Conference/Scriptathon
    2. PhUSE Annual Conference Co-lead meeting

General discussion

Steering Committee Update - Mary
  • No update this time
Project Updates
  • The P01 - SDA project started looking into the AE and MedDRA scripts from FDA
    • No update
  • The P02 - RCD project updated its project page and started planning for project meeting - Dante/Peter
    • No to test if SAS macro stored in the Github can be used in SAS program
    • Jeno worked on an example of the structure

Here is Dante's update: Main points from my perspective are: 1 - we're making progress with SAS & R scripts, output specs and test data, starting with Central Tendency (CT) box plot 7.1. This lays the groundwork for most of the CT targets. 2 - we have a PhUSE Scriptathon 2015 page drafted in phusewiki: 3 - In general, we have engagement from 5 or 6 main contributors, including overlap with Projects 03 (RGI) and 08 (ADW) 4 - We have a question to the Repo governance project 03: Can we "lock down" one area in github to core contributors (the SAS macro utilities: While keeping other folders open to contribution (scripts, specifications, test code)?

One final note, related to (1) below.

A collaboration with Proj 8, white paper team, for independent review of our CT F-7.1 box plot would be helpful at this time. I think we have for SAS the functionality we need. We nearly have sufficient R code to use for qualification.

So the open Qs are: • do we have what the White Paper team intended? • have we captured the output specs correctly, and can we generalize PhUSE/CSS display requirements? • are the defaults and basic options as intended? • are there any changes pending to the CTWP that we need to know about and incorporate?

  • The P03 - RGI project started working on the standard scripts in Github; added a readme file
    • Chris: Rebecka and Gustav are working on the folder structure
  • The P07 - CPE project updated by Dirk through email:
    • Scriptathon at PhUSE in October: SAS has been contacted re programming platform. I need to talk to Mike re R environment. Participants are supposed to work on qualification process during the event. This needs to be prepared – I sent email to Dante & Peter. We need to start preparation.
    • Is there anything from the working groups worth communicating to the PhUSE community? Are there any conference participation that I am not aware of?
    • Standard script contribution: for instance boxplot script, it used a way no one would use. Use gplot or some standard procedure. Use LinkedIn to get people to contribute.
  • The P08 - ADW project updated listbox and scheduled first meeting
    • Continue working on outlier whitepaper - target date: before all-hands meeting 8/27.

Follow up

Action Items
  • FDA plan for releasing the rest of scripts - Steve/Mat
    • meeting every month and will bring it up again
  • Update communication plan to include new deadlines for year 2015 - Dirk [in progress]
    • CDISC International Interchg in Fall; Steve usually goes to this one. Dirk will look into the deadlines.
    • SCDA 2015: Steve will present in September
      • Hanming/Mary - will prepare two slides and send to Steve
  • Update listbox sub-group list:
    • main-list - Mary: done
    • P02-03 list - Chris: done
    • white-papers list - Mary: done
  • Gather finalized whitepapers in word format for publishing to phusewiki and - Mary
    • pending
  • All-hands meeting is postponed to 8/27 and Hanming will send out a placeholder for the meeting to co-leads
  • Add project co-leads to the - Dante/Peter; Accessing through smart phone as an option if you have issue accessing inside company network.
    • He was going to look into different tools
  • Chris will work on folder structure proposal and present in next co-lead meeting
  • Test out whether SAS macro can be stored in Github and used in a SAS program - Chris
  • Set up R environment for Scriptathon - Mike C.
Next Meeting

Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am (Wednesday)
We will conduct this meeting once per month.

Agenda for next meeting: Next meeting: TBD

Last revision by Jmbodart,10/13/2015