CSS Working Groups
This wiki is available to document the progress of the PhUSE Computational Science (CS) working groups and projects. The wiki enables quick,easy and transparent online collaboration. Working groups each have a main page which is the starting page for all Working Group activity.
If you are new to wikis you might want to check out the help section. To get started click on your working group below.
For instructions on how to subscribe to the working group/project email list or contact a working goup leadership team click here
The Working Groups are governed by the Computational Science Steering Committee which provides oversight to the Working Groups.
PhUSE CS Working Groups
Optimizing the Use of Data Standards The development and adoption of data standards over the last decade has shown significant promise in improving efficiencies in the product submission and review process. However, there have also been gaps, issues and challenges in the interpretation and use of the standards. This group will identify specific gaps preventing FDA and industry from optimizing the use of standards and collaborate to close those gaps.
- NEW: A new Project within the Optimizing the Use of Data Standards is getting started to develop a templates for a Study Data Standardization Plan. Visit the Wiki page for more information on how you can participate on this new project.
- ADRG and SDRG Work Packages Referenced in Final FDA Study Data Technical Conformance Guide, Dec 2014
- NEW: White Paper: Best Practices for Data Standards Implementation, Assigning VISITNUM to Unplanned Visits and Assigning EPOCH to Observations Finalized 06-Mar-2015, this document provides recommendations for assigning VISITNUM values to unplanned visits as well as EPOCH to observations when dates are missing, partial or during a period which is not a planned element in the trial. The document focuses on specific use cases and provides recommendations for managing solutions.
Development of Standard Scripts for Analysis and Programming With the development and implementation of industry data standards, there is a great opportunity to develop standard reporting across industry and to support the needs of FDA medical and statistical reviewers. This working group will identify potential standard scripts for data transformations and analyses across an within therapeutic areas. The goal will be to begin the process of standardizing analyses across the industry, but also include examples of what can be done with a standardized data set.
- NEW: Final version 1.0 of White Paper on Outliers/Shifts from Normal to Abnormal
- NEW: Draft for broad review of White Paper on Analysis and Displays associated with the QT studies . Please send comments to Christos Stylianou (christos (at) clinbay.com) by October 30th 2015.
Non-Clinical Road-map and Impacts on Implementation There is a need to improve nonclinical assessment and regulatory science by identifying key needs and challenges in the field and then establish an innovative framework for addressing them in a collaborative manner. The group created a framework for moving certain projects forward to support nonclinical informatics efforts and to develop specific implementation solutions and SEND.
Emerging Trends and Technologies This emerging technologies working group will be an open, transparent forum for sharing pre-competitive means of applying new technologies and is being challenged with creation of well-defined collaborative projects that will describe, prioritize, assess, and assist advancement of these opportunities. Possible topics include (but are not limited to) semantic web applications, analysis metadata, modeling, simulation, and “The Cloud”.
Semantic Technology This workgroup will investigate how W3C semantic standards can support the clinical and non-clinical trial data life cycle from protocol to submission including the representation of CDISC Foundational Standards in RDF, modeling analysis results, and representing a protocol in RDF.
- NEW: Representing a Clinical Program Design in RDF - This project will develop an RDF information model to capture, retain, reuse and share the design of clinical program.
- NEW: Representing Regulations and Guidance in RDF - This project will valuate the feasibility of representing regulations and guidance documents in RDF. If you are interested in participating in this project, please email us at: CSS-SemanticTechnologies (at) phusewiki.org
- NEW: Use Cases for Linked_Data - The pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and device development industry has long been constrained by two dimensional, row and column, data structures. These two dimensional data structures support multi-dimensional business processes and multi-dimensional data. The additional dimensions are often defined by non-executable, human business knowledge. Knowledge differences or gaps contribute to inefficient and/or laborous business processes. This project will document use cases for linked data in the clinical trial life-cycle. If you are interested in participating in this project, please email us at: CSS-SemanticTechnologies (at) phusewiki.org
Project Resources: Tools and Processes to Support Your Work
Below is a list of Working Group and Project oversight information.
CSS New Project Wiki Template Page
PhUSE 2012 Archived Working Groups
FDA comments are an informal communication and represent the individual's best judgment. These comments do not bind or obligate FDA. The contents of this wiki are from the individual contributors and do not necessarily reflect the view and/or policies of the Food and Drug Administration, the employers of the individuals involved or any of their staff.Current user rating: 97/100 (2 votes)